How to build career in Computer Networking.
Computer Networking is one of the shouting and very vast topic in IT sector. It requires different types of certification with lots of specialized techniques.
A computer network is a set of connection between different types of electronic media such as; computers, routers, switches, firewall and so on.
These Connected devices used to share resources, like access to the Internet, sending files to server, connecting devices like printer, scanner, mobiles etc.
These networks specified in different types of connectivity, such as;
- Local Area Networks (LAN)
- Home Area Networks (HAN)
- Personal Area Networks (PAN)
- Metropolitan Area Networks (MAN)
- Wide Area Networks (WAN)
- Enterprise Private Networks (EPN)
- Global Area Networks (GAN)
To manage and configure the overall network hierarchy with all sets of algorithm and advance techniques, some of the specific job titles required, which include:
- Network Administrator
- Network Engineer
- Network Manager
- Network Designer
- Network Maintenance Specialist
- Network Architect
*Prerequisite to earn these advance level Job titles:
Step 1: Earn a specified Bachelor’s Degree, such as;
- B-tech / M-tech
- BCA / MCA
- BSC-IT / MSC-IT
- BSC-CS / MSC-CS
- BBA / MBA
Step 2: Obtain a global level Certification, like;
- CCIE: Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert
- CCNP: Cisco Certified Network Professional
- JNCIE-ENT: Juniper Networks Certified Enterprise Routing and Switching Expert
- CompTIA Network+
- WCNA: Wireshark Certified Network Analyst
Step 3: Find an entry level IT Job, such as;
- IT help-desk or support positions
- Network monitoring
- Network problems documentation
- Technical support Specialist
- On job training
There are many reasons for this choice. Because it gives you a bright future and great possibilities of career growth. In this area you’ll learn as you go, you’ll always be in demand and demand keeps growing, it opens up new career branches for you and the competition is not so tough like in other fields.
Network managing skills are valuable in every industry, it’s not just limited to IT sector and the most important perspective is salary for engineers which are exceptionally too high.
So how you are going to build a smart career in computer networking field?
“choose your suitable job title and grab a shining career opportunity”