What is Software as a Service (SaaS)? Benefits and Advantages
Software as a service (SaaS) is a cloud computing solution, incorporated by various cloud service providers to host software or applications online and make them available to customers over the Internet. It helps to improve the typical infrastructure of an organization, wherein they used to install and run applications on their own computer systems or utilize their own data centres for software storage. Software as a service (SaaS) can be used collaboratively in a number of common business areas, such as accounting, human resource management (HRM), customer relationship management (CRM), service desk management and so on.
SaaS provides a complete software solution which can be delivered to an organization on a pay per usage basis from different cloud service providers, which include;
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software
- Mobile Applications
- Office and Communication Programs
- Payroll and Accounting Applications
- Enterprise Resource Planning Programs
- HR Management Softwares
- Corporate Performance Management Suites
Potential benefits and advantages of using Software as a service (SaaS):
- SaaS offers a very scalable model of software solutions, wherein users do not have to purchase another server storage or software.
- Gain access to sophisticated enterprise applications such as ERP and CRM, without investing money for installation, update or maintenance of any hardware or software.
- SaaS offers many options and flexibility to change subscriptions whenever needed.
- SaaS offers free client software, which can be run directly through web browsers with the help of plugins, so there is no need for downloading and installing any software.
- Software as a service (SaaS) is a very cost-effective option, as it eliminates the extra expenses of hardware setup and maintenance, as well as software licensing, installation and product support.
- SaaS provides an option to pay only for what you use, as it automatically scales up and downgrade its services according to the level of usage.
“Choose Software as a Service in the form of cloud solution to provide agility, flexibility, reliability, and mobility to your ongoing business”