What is the Amazon Web Service? Products, Services and Tools
Amazon web service is an on-demand cloud computing platform, which provides online cloud storage with high-speed bandwidth and customized support for application programming interfaces (API). It enables the simplest way to access servers, database centers, online storage, and a broad set of enterprise application services over the cloud network.
Amazon web service is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform offers fully featured services like Online Storage, Database Warehouse, Digital Analytics, Cloud Application Services, Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet Security, Hybrid Cloud Service and Enterprise Applications.
What is cloud computing?
Cloud computing is a terminology referring to various computing services- like online storage, virtual databases, web servers, Computer networking and web analytic services. Various Companies providing these online services are also known as cloud providers and typically charge for these online services based on their usage and mobility.
Almost every online service can live in the cloud and cloud computing services are making all of these possible behinds the scenes such as, sending email, watching online movies or videos, playing online games, listen to music or storing pictures and other files over the cloud storage infrastructure.
The following categories represent the core products of AWS.
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3)
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC)
- Amazon CloudFront
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- Amazon SimpleDB
- Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS)
- Amazon Elastic Container Service
- Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS)
- Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS)
Amazon Web Service can be accessed through various tools, such as:
- AWS Command Line Interface (AWS CLI)
- AWS Management Console
- Query APIs
- AWS Software Development Kits (SDK)
- Command Line Tools
Advatages of Amazon Web Service platforms:
- Faster reachability across the globe.
- Provides flexible storage options.
- Enhanced cost management.
- Most secure and reliable cloud platform.
- Don’t allow you to invest in running and maintaining data centers.
- Provides high-speed bandwidth and agility.
- capable of disaster recovery.
A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well.
Jeff Bezos – Founder & CEO, Amazon Inc.